sábado, 2 de enero de 2010

Propósitos intelectuales

"My mind was learning to work in different way, becoming stronger. I felt the same way your body feels after a day of splitting woods, or swimming, or sex. You feeled exhausted, langorous, and almost Godlike. This feeling was similar, except it was my intellect that was weary and expanded, languid and latently powerful. I could feel my mind starting to awaken."

P. Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind.

¿No es ese un buen propósito de año nuevo? ¿Hacer trabajar un poco a la mente de maneras nuevas, hasta que se fortalezca y se expanda?

3 comentarios:

Enia Is (Almost) Here dijo...

hi uma! thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog- it is quite a recent indulgence of mine and i am continually surprised by the people who stop by and all the different places they are from. so glad you like it and are planning to stay in touch!

and finally, i'm sorry for spanish not being my forte, otherwise i might be able to comment on your blog as well! :)

hope you are doing well,

e.

Eireann dijo...

perfect.

uma dijo...

Thanks Eireann!!

Enia: Do not worry about your Spanish. My English is not that good either. But I really liked you blog. There is something fresh there. So even if I cannot comment a lot in English I'll keep reading!